Click here to log into PowerSchool.
Nashville Prep does not follow the same inclement weather policy as MNPS. In the event school is cancelled or delayed due to weather, every family will receive a phone call. Current information will also be posted on our website, Facebook, Twitter, and office voicemail.
Click here to see the 2015-16 school calendar.
To be checked daily in advisory:
- 8 sharpened pencils
- 1 portable eraser
- 2 black or blue ballpoint pens
- 3 highlighters, all different colors
- 1 small handheld sharpener with a container or shavings
To bring on August 6th to leave at school:
- 5 packs of note cards
- 3 boxes of tissues
To keep at home:
- 4, 3" binders (1 per quarter)
- 1 big pencil sharpener
Khan Academy has a library of over 2,700 videos covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history and 240 practice exercises. Each video is about 10 minutes long. We’ve linked each of the skills we have taught this year to video tutorials from Khan (see below). You can use these videos to achieve mastery in key subjects.
How to use Khan Academy
- Step 1: Use your Google or Facebook account to sign in and get started right now. Signing in gives you the ability to track your own progress and earn points and badges. If you don't have an account with either of those sites, you can sign up for a Google or Facebook account to get started.
- Step 2: Identify the skill(s) you wish to start with.
- Step 3: Practice the skill until you’ve achieved mastery. Every skill has practice exercises associated with it. Your child will demonstrate mastery by answering 10 questions in a row correctly. If you need a hint, every single problem can be broken down, step-by-step, with one click. If you need more help, you can always watch a related video. Once your child has achieved mastery, they should move on to the next skill that they’ve struggled with. See below for photo indicating how you can find the practice problems.